Church History

Rev. J.T. Lastinger, Sr. was founder of Full Gospel Tabernacle in July, 1956 in West Columbia, SC. In October 1964 the property at 3220 Platt Springs Road was purchased and the congregation built the Fellowship Hall at the rear of the new property and moved into it until the new sanctuary could be built. The name was then changed to Springdale Revival Center. March 10, 1974 the dedication of the new church building was held and the church was pastored by Rev. Lastinger until he retired in January, 1978.

John Lastinger Jr. was selected as new pastor and returned to West Columbia upon his graduation from Gloryland Bible Institute in Florence that April. With new vision and new leadership, the name of the church was changed to New Covenant Church.

Throughout the years, the church has been involved with a television ministry, satellite church for Word of Faith, owned and operated WQXL Christian radio station, and built buildings for Covenant Christian Academy and Covenant Christian Childcare.

In January 2018, the church again embraced a name change. The EDGE was chosen with the vision of constantly following the move of the Holy Spirit in our church and every day lives. Teaching people to live life is our mission statement and our prayer for seeing people and families be all they can be.